If you squee and jump with joy every time you discover a new css code, then this is the place for you! join us other nerds who probably have nothing better to do than to play around with our stylesheets all day. and you thought you were alone. Of course you can share other links to things outside of lj such as: goodies for your site, firefox extensions, the list could go on but you get the idea. To view past entries made here, use the tags! Also please check out the official minty apple resource post for some great guides, communities, and websites to aide you along your CSS journey!
GENERAL RULES● Be nice, flaming is not allowed.
● Credit when asked and don't claim what you don't own as yours.
● Post lengthy codes behind an lj-cut.
● Do not disable comments on your posts.
● Use tags accordingly.
● Refrain from posting Twitter layouts, post them at twitter_layouts instead.
● This is a non-profitable community so don't use sites like linkbucks.com.
● Do not post requests or ask for help here, go to mintyhelp for assistance instead.
POSTING RULES● Include the codes in a <textarea> box; don't make people go elsewhere to grab the codes.
● Specify in your subject & tags what type of layout you are posting. An example is "Flexible Squares: Title" and "Style: Flexible Squares" for the subject & tags respectively.
● Thumbnail images must be no larger than 400px wide and a maximum of two thumbnail images are permitted above an lj-cut.
● There must be no constraints on the codes (i.e. accessible for only 24 hours, password-protected zip files, etc)
founder & dispute mod
TAGS OVERVIEWWhat do I use the "Coding: Livejournal" tag for? This tag is in place for posts relating to CSS fixes after livejournal makes some release changes; such as the post about metadata CSS and fixing the user icon padding issue.
What is the "Coding: CSS & HTML" tag used for? The CSS tag is relating to regular CSS relating to websites and not livejournal-specific.
WARNINGCode Stealers & Repackagers Beware!
Regarding lj stylesheets, if you are caught code stealing & repackaging you will be banned from this community, added to the wall of shame, & your posts removed. Not sure what this means? Read this for a detailed explanation.
Wall of Shame
Fortunately, there are no rule-breakers right now.
Want to affiliate?
Have other concerns?
Some changes have been made to LiveJournal, and we hope you enjoy them! As we continue to improve the site on a daily basis to make your experience here better and faster, we would greatly appreciate your feedback about these changes. Please let us know what we can do for you!
See a bug? Let us know! Here you can also share your thoughts and ideas about updates to LiveJournal
Your request has been filed. You can track the progress of your request at:
If you have any other questions or comments, you can add them to that request at any time.
Help us make LiveJournal better! Answer a few questions to share your experiences using LiveJournal with us. It won't take more than 10 minutes!Take a survey